Tuesday, August 19, 2014

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain vs. YSL Glossy Stain

Alright, lipgloss time! So as many of you may or may not know, L'Oreal owns Yves Saint Laurent. Crazy, but L'Oreal is actually the biggest cosmetic company around owning hundreds of other companies that we all love and enjoy like YSL. When companies like L'Oreal own many other companies you get what is called "crossover", which is where products like glossy stain from YSL end up being extremely similar to other cheaper options. Which is what brings me to the comparison of these two products.

So firstly the Glossy Stain from YSL- Comes in at least 48 shades but they are constantly coming out with more colors. The packaging is beautiful but I feel like it is a little bulky for travel. I do enjoy though that you can see your color through the little window on the front of the package. The shade range is quite extensive and they even have a whole line dedicated to shimmer. They do have a scent that can be pretty powerful at first but its nothing to be alarmed by. When you first apply the gloss on your lips it almost has a cooling effect. I love how they feel like a lipstick, go on like a gloss, and last like a stain. Although I do recommend this product I sometimes feel like it leaves my lips feeling a little dry; however Its nothing a little chapstick can't fix :) This product retails for $35 which I find to be quite outrageous.

Now onto the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain (wow what a name!). This gloss currently comes in twelve shades but I'm assuming more shades will soon follow. The packaging is beautiful and it feels super elegant. The size is perfect for travel and it can fit easily into pockets. This gloss also has a short of window that allows you to see your color which is so useful. The shade range is quite nice however I feel like it is lacking certain colors. This gloss also has a very similar scent to the glossy stains; however it isn't quite as powerful which I enjoy. When you first apply this gloss it has that very same cooling effect. To me this is almost an exact dupe for the YSL glossy stains yet way more hydrating, it almost reminds me of more of a balmy feel than a lipstick. This product retails for  anywhere from $7-$9, but I recently purchased five of these for $2 from a target sale. 



All in all I fully enjoy both products, but I don't see the need to spend $35 when you could get almost the same product if not even better of a product for way less. Don't get me wrong, I love luxury products but I love saving money and getting better buys just a bit more. :) I hope this helps you all sort out which product you'd prefer. Let me know what you think and which product you love. 

-A <3    

No comments:

Post a Comment