Monday, August 25, 2014

Castor Oil

I've been doing a lot of research lately on different ways to grow hair and prevent the amount of hair loss that I have been experiencing lately. Now its nothing of serious concern, but for one its just very annoying to be constantly shedding. So I did look into some pills to take or topical creams, all of which brought a lot of concern to me. The first one I considered was Monistat 7, which quite a few girls have been trying recently (with great success I might add). I just don't think that putting something designed for the vaginal area on the scalp is such a good idea. Call me crazy, I just seed side effects written all over that. The next one I considered was a supplement called Hair Infinity. It retails for around $28 for a month supply which seems very pricey, however lots of women were having a lot of success with this product. The further I looked into it the more it concerned me. People were having side effects left and right. Things like becoming ill, dizziness, and even heart palpitations. To me thats just not something I want to deal with more than hair loss. So then I found some videos on Youtube of women trying castor oil on their hair. Of course I did lots of research and found it to be what I would consider safe.




 I decided to go with a brand called "Home Heath Castor Oil". It is an all natural cold pressed and cold processed oil. I got it in a 16 fl. oz. bottle for right around $9 from the Vitamin Shoppe. Now from what I found on my little scavenger hunt via the internet was that the oil is made from a nut and then pressed into an oil. It is considered an emollient oil which is one that can be easily absorbed into the skin, hair, nails, etc. The therapeutic and medicinal benefits from this oil have been used for centuries, and it's believed that the benefits are derived from the high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids. Basically what you are going to do with this oil is apply it to the scalp right before bed and massage it in for four minutes 2-4 times a week. Then of course shower in the morning. This is exactly what I am going to be doing and I will also be tracking all of my results for this following month. I will write up a following blog post after this month is up to let you all know exactly how it went and if I have any comments or concerns. If you would like to do this along with me I would love to know what your results are as well. :)

- A<3

No comments:

Post a Comment