Sunday, August 17, 2014

About me- my hopes for this blog

Hello Everyone! I want to start off by saying that my name is Ashley. I am twenty-one and I am a makeup artist. A lot of people ask me where it started and to be completely honest, I have no idea. I haven't always loved the cosmetic industry, in fact I never really cared about my appearance until I was heading to college. Growing up in a small small town I never felt like I really fit in with anyone, I struggled for the longest time with finding who I was and who I wanted to be. When I was a junior I found Youtube and started watching a girl name Dulce. She was very inspiring and motivating to me and even to this very day I still watch her videos. I suppose you could say that's where it all started. After I graduated High School I went right into cosmetology school. My passion for this industry increased even more and I really felt a desire to be more involved with the makeup side of cosmetology. I seemed to find myself almost consumed by anything and everything makeup (ask my parents, they'll tell you lol). I spent hours upon hours a day trying to learn all I could to set myself apart from everyone else in school and before you knew it people would come to me daily for makeup advice. I knew right then and there that I was doing exactly what I was meant to do all along. I graduated from Cosmetology school in 2012 and found myself in a tricky spot... finding a job. With the grace of God I started working for Sephora in 2013 as a makeup artist. Its been a crazy journey for me thus far with this company as I recently relocated to a new city. I couldn't be happier with my decision and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me next. That's where this blog comes in. I want to be able to reach as many people as possible, and be inspirational and motivational to those who are exactly where I used to be. I'm not really sure what exactly that means as for this blog but I'm very excited to see where this leads and I sure hope you'll join me!

-A <3

No comments:

Post a Comment