Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ben Nye Banana Powder

Ben Nye Banana powder has been a major product talked about in the beauty world for the past couple of years now. Everyone and anyone has seen that Kim K highlight-contour on pinterest and all over the internet, and they all seem to want it. I have seen quite a few people use this product for that exact purpose; however my biggest beef with this product is that it is too dark for me to achieve that look.

Banana Powder Ingredients: Talc; Zinc; Stearate; Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch; Zea Mays (Corn) Starch; Methylparaben; Propylparaben; Butylparaben; May Contain (+/-): CI NO. 77491; 77492; 77499; 73360 (Iron Oxides; Red 30 Lake); Parfum Free.

The powder reminds me a lot of the Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder, but I find that this powder settles way less. It definitely brightens a skin tone that is anywhere from a light-med to dark complexion. Its best for someone with a warmer undertone; however anyone could use it as an all over setting powder to help reduce redness in the face. The powder does come in about ten different shades and retails anywhere from $10-$25 depending on the size. The 3 oz. container that I have would literally last you a lifetime :) All in all I think this is a great powder and I would definitely like to try a lighter shade at some point. Let me know what you think if you have tried this shade or any other shade from Ben Nye. 

-A <3



No comments:

Post a Comment